Oh my, where shall I begin?
Well, on April 15 I posted about how I made a sewing pattern that will be used to add length to my June Wrap dress
. I since then deleted this post because as I was sewing this morning, I ran into a major problem caused by a mistake made during the drafting process. Ugh! So I had to bring down my recent post so I wouldn't lead anyone down the wrong road.
This episode really teaches me that I should go through the entire project before posting a how-to. I really thought I had everything pinpointed and accurate, but I was definitely wrong!
I do hope to get a revised edition of my pattern making after I sew everything together. I do apologize for my mistake!
P.S. I thought I should mention here what exactly I have 'up my sleeve' in regards to this dress lengthener of mine. I know some of you probably didn't catch a glimpse of my previous post so I don't want to leave you in the dark any longer! The way I am adding length to my June Wrap without altering the dress itself, is by making a long half slip with a lower panel that will match the dress' polka dot fabric. It will make the dress appear as if it has another layer and by using a similar fabric, it will look like it is one with the dress.
I am calling it a skirt extension, or as commenter Jemajo says, an underskirt. (I think I will stick with underskirt, actually! I like the sound of that term more.)
Labels: dress, sewing, underskirt